Monday, May 11, 2009

what about carnations?

Since I'm spending way too much money on other aspects of my wedding I wanted to cut costs with the flowers. I didn't even want to do floral centerpieces. I wanted to do candelabras but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for (see inspiration post). So I looked up cheap flowers and found carnations, tulips, and daisies. Tulips won't really be in season in June and I think they'll be a pain since they continue to grow after they're cut. Gerber daisies and carnations are available all year round but the carnations cost soooooo much less! I've always hated carnations but who knew they could look so pretty?



















4 comments:

  1. yeah those are pretty. take all your photos of your ideas to the florist when you make a appt. are you gonna call paul, loris nephew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carnations this way are very pretty! What will the colors be? White? I am not feelin the 3rd pic down, reminds me of 1984..

    ReplyDelete
  3. white carnations in a black vase

    ReplyDelete