Saturday, January 30, 2010

my pretty maids

A few weeks ago I trekked up to CT to pick out the bridesmaids' dresses. Since each girl has a completely different body type I let them pick out different dresses. My only request was that the dresses be the same material and preferably by the same designer. After about an hour of trying on dresses I realized that wasn't going to happen. I was disappointed at first but after everyone picked out their dress I was pretty excited. The dresses are gorgeous and exactly what I had envisioned for these lovelys.

My sister Rachel, the matron of honor, will wear this dress (with a black sash) by Bari Jay:



Krystyna, a bridesmaid, will wear this dress by Bill Levkoff:



Christine, a bridesmaid, will wear this dress by Alfred Angelo:



Now that this dilemma has been resolved, on to the next: their shoes! Should their shoes match or not?

Non-matching maids + non-matching shoes = gorgeous:



Non-matching maids + matching shoes = gorgeous:



See my dilemma? It looks great both ways! What does everyone think?

4 comments:

  1. I think black for all three of us. It doesn't have to be the same - but black. That's my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think black for all of you too. but they can be different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote black, different styles

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the dresses in black, perfect !!!!!! Lori

    ReplyDelete